Trial attorney Marina Medvin, proud owner of MEDVIN LAW PLC, dedicates her law practice exclusively to criminal defense in Northern Virginia Federal and State courts, serving clients facing felony and misdemeanor charges in Alexandria, Fairfax, Arlington and Falls Church.
Ms. Medvin is a highly sought-after and nationally recognized criminal trial attorney. She has defended FBI’s 10 Most Wanted, CEOs, Anonymous “hactivists,” politicians, celebrities, professional athletes, lawyers, prosecutors, police officers, senior military officers, and local high-profile cases. She is revered as a dauntless, assertive, innovative, and client-dedicated advocate.
She has been recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by Northern Virginia Magazine, honored by Super Lawyers as a “Super Lawyers Rising Star,” honored in the Washington Post‘s annual list of “Top Attorneys in Washington DC,” recognized by Richmond Magazine as one of the “Top Attorneys in Virginia,” profiled as a “Leading Attorney” in Town & Country Magazine, selected to the list of “Top 100 Trial lawyers” by the The National Trial Lawyers, received a “10.0 Superb Rating” from AVVO, and maintains 5/5 star client ratings throughout the various online attorney reviews sites, amongst many other distinctions. Ms. Medvin has also been interviewed numerous times by television and print media, including The Huffington Post, ABC News, Northern Virginia Magazine, and The Washington Post, regarding her publicized cases and in search of her professional opinion on legal issues affecting Virginia.
Top Rated Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Top Rated Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney for Alexandria, Fairfax, and Arlington Virginia
- Selected to the exclusive list of “Top Lawyers” by Northern Virginia Magazine for Criminal Defense and DUI / DWI Defense. Ms. Medvin was selected for these categories by Northern Virginia attorneys, who were asked the question: “Who would you want to represent you in you were ever charged with a crime?”
- One of only 2.5% of lawyers selected by Super Lawyers to their prestigious list of Rising Stars in Virginia and Washington DC.
- As seen in The Washington Post Super Lawyers Annual List of Top Attorneys in Washington, D.C.“
- Prestigiously honored for her criminal defense work as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers as one of “America’s Top Trial Lawyers.”
- MEDVIN LAW has been selected to the list of “Best Lawyers and Law Firms in America – Criminal Defense” by the Best Lawyers in America Organization.
- AVVO Rating 10.0, highest achievement rating, in each category of Criminal Defense, Federal Crime, DUI, and Juvenile Defense.
- Selected to the 2014 Leaders in Law profiles in Town & Country Magazine.
- AVVO “Client’s Choice” designation in each category of Criminal Defense, Federal Crime, DUI, and Juvenile Defense.
- Top Rated Attorney in Virginia for 4 straight years on the public consumer reviews site LawyerRatingz.com.
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction designation for maintaining a 5-Star client rating on Martindale.com and on Lawyers.com.
- Maintains Client Rating of 5 Stars on the public attorney reviews site AVVO.
- Prestigiously honored for her criminal defense work as one of the”Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers.
- Selected for the list of “Top Lawyers” by the The Global Directory Of Who’s Who.
Criminal Defense Specialty Law Firm
- DUI, DWI, Driving While Intoxicated, Reckless Driving, Hit and Run
- Grand Larceny, Petit Larceny, Shoplifting
- Possession of Marijuana, Possession with Intent to Distribute, Felony Drug Charges
- Assault and Battery, Malicious Wounding
- Domestic Assault and Battery Against Family or Household Member
- Obstruction of Justice, Resisting Arrest, Disorderly Conduct
- Embezzlement, White Collar Criminal Defense
- Juvenile and Underage Charges
- Firearms, Brandishing, Reckless Discharge, Hunting Violations
- Arson, Malicious Burning
- Check Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, Obtaining Money Under False Pretenses
- Federal Conspiracy for Drug Distribution, Bank Fraud and Wire Fraud
- Computer / Technology / Internet Crimes
- Self Defense and Excessive Use of Force
- Law Enforcement Defense, Criminal Prosecution of Police Officers
Dedicated to Alexandria, Fairfax and Arlington
Attorney Medvin exclusively provides legal representation services to clients with criminal charges pending in the following courthouses: Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Prince William, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Alexandria. This includes the General District Court, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, and Circuit Court of each jurisdiction. Special cases of interest in Loudoun or Leesburg may be considered.
A free phone consultation is available for potential clients facing charges in these courthouses. Call 703-870-6868.
Marina Medvin, A Nationally Revered Criminal Defense and DUI Attorney
Marina Medvin, owner of MEDVIN LAW PLC, is a highly sought-after and nationally recognized criminal trial attorney. She has defended FBI’s 10 Most Wanted, CEOs, Anonymous “hactivists,” politicians, celebrities, lawyers, prosecutors, police officers, senior military officers, and local high-profile cases. Northern Virginia Magazine selected Ms. Medvin for their “Top Lawyers” list, the National Trial Lawyers honored her as “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” and “Top 40 Under 40,” Super Lawyers has selected her as a Rising Star, Town & Country Magazine showcased her as a “Leading Attorney” and AVVO rated Ms. Medvin 10/10. Peers and clients endorse her as assertive, fearless and meticulous. She enthusiastically defends Federal and Virginia state misdemeanor and felony charges.
Ms. Medvin’s law office is located in Old Town Alexandria at 916 Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314. MEDVIN LAW PLC also offers client conference options in Fairfax, Virginia at 10560 Main Street, Suite 510, Fairfax, Virginia 22030, and near the United States Federal Courthouse at 1800 Diagonal Road, 6th Floor, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
Personal and Educational Background
For her Bachelors of Science degree, Marina attended Penn State University, from which she graduated in the top 10% of her class with a Bachelors of Science in Information Sciences and Technology. Marina enthusiastically obtained her Juris Doctorate degree in Arlington, Virginia at the George Mason University School of Law, where she also served as a legal publications editor for the Journal of Law, Economics, and Policy.
Marina’s pre-MEDVIN LAW resume encompasses positions with the Department of Justice, the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in Alexandria, the National Rifle Association of America, a high-profile Fairfax criminal defense law firm, the Hudgins Law Firm, the Law Office of George Munoz, the George Mason Clinic for Legal Assistance to Service Members, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Verizon Wireless.
While working as a defense attorney, Marina has also volunteered with the local police department, assisting with training and education of police officers on issues of use of force. She has even provided private assistance to individual officers with a variety of legal issues and with personal development.
Marina is an admirer of travel and languages, has visited numerous parts of the world, and is fluent in Russian (having studied it in both high school and college).
As an avid believer in individual freedoms and fundamental rights, Ms. Medvin is actively engaged in upholding Constitutional principals. Marina has already litigated issues pertaining to the 2nd Amendment, 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment, 6th Amendment, 8th Amendment, and 9th Amendment. She is always seeking new cases and opportunities to engage in Constitutional litigation and appeals. Marina Medvin enthusiastically supports Institute for Justice, Cato Institute, The National Rifle Association, and Ayn Rand Institute.
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University School of Law (Arlington, VA)
- Bachelor of Science, with Honors, Pennsylvania State university (University Park, PA)
- Regents Diploma, Specialty in Math & Science, Staten Island Technical High School (Staten Island, NY)
Enthusiastically Endorsed by Attorneys
Ms. Medvin’s attorney peers have given her glowing endorsements on AVVO, calling her “fearless,” “outstanding,” “incredibly smart and energetic,” “passionate and aggressive,” “well-prepared and thorough,” “professional and courteous,” “smart, tough, and committed,” “professional and a zealous,” “extremely knowledgeable,” “caring, dedicated, results-oriented,” and “first-rate.”
State and Federal Practice Licenses
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Washington, DC / District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United Stated of America (pending)
Virginia Bar Association Alexandria Bar Association Fairfax Bar Association Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Excellence in Representation through Uniquely Dedicated Defense
When she opened her own law firm, attorney Marina Medvin decided to provide defense services differently. Having worked at other law firms and having seen the complaints that clients commonly had with their representation, she decided to create a law firm that was structured to eliminate most of these issues.
- Marina Medvin wanted to make herself completely available to her clients. Ms. Medvin answers most of the incoming calls to her office, and is frequently emailing and texting with her clients. The MEDVIN LAW paralegal and assistants have minimum contact with our clients. Ms. Medvin handles almost all of the client questions and issues personally.
- She wanted to make sure that she provided each client with her undivided attention while in court, so Marina represents one client at a time while in court, almost never having multiple appearances scheduled for the same day.
- Ms. Medvin does not spread her practice across the span of all Virginia jurisdictions, and instead concentrates on the State and Federal courthouses in Alexandria, Fairfax, Arlington, and Falls Church. As such, she is particularly well-familiarized with the Northern Virginia State and Federal prosecutors, judges, and procedures.
- Ms. Medvin does not spread her practice across various other legal fields, instead concentrating exclusively on criminal defense. (Her life’s art and passion is criminal defense. She thanks her lucky stars every day of her life to be able do what she loves.)